1149 Main Street Acushnet, MA
508 -763 -2622
Check Us Out!
U-pick strawberries are much healthier than store-bought.
One cup of strawberries contains only 43 calories.
Next Pick your Own will be the Raspberries usually in late July.
* Select plump, firm, fully red berries. The small berries are often most flavorful. Unripe berries will not ripen once picked.
* Part the leaves with your hands to look for hidden berries ready for harvest.
* Grasp the stem just above the berry between the forefinger and the thumbnail and pull with a slight twisting motion.
* With the stem broken about one-half inch from the berry, allow it to roll into the palm of your hand.
* Carefully place - don't throw - the fruit into your containers.
You can easily freeze berries that you can not use right away - just wash, cut the hulls off and pop them into a ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible. Those vacuum food sealers REALLY do a good job of this! The berries will keep for many months frozen without air.
If you plan to hold the fruit for a few days, try to pick in the early morning or on cool, cloudy days.
DON'T wash the berries until you are ready to use them. Washing makes them more prone to spoiling.
How to Pick Strawberries
Strawberry pickin' knows no age!
Rinse Berries in a Vinegar Solution to Keep Them Fresh Longer
more information on this site
Food Truck Stand for getting berry containers and making payments. Facemasks are to be worn while at the field. Hand sanitizers and more will be available. Social Distancing required. Keep children with you.
Signs posted to assist you.